Monday, April 24, 2006

Where did April go?

Just noticed it had been a couple of weeks since my last post. Don't know how that happened. I could swear it was just the other day.
So. A progress report. Or perhaps a lack of progress report. My webquest has been going backwards, really. Really not good. I've had the idea for the structure and task and everything for a while, and that hasn't changed, but my theme is now going to be castles instead of Pirates. I wanted something that was easier to base in reality and history, and there is way too much hype and hollywood about pirates. Also, I remembered a good project I did last year at the same summer school I am designing this for, and my plan now is to adapt it for a webquest, which will have the students finding much of the infor themselves (or so they think) without me telling them. Also, the summer school does excursions to a few different castles, so it will be relevent more than once over the 6 weeks (the students change about every two weeks, so repeating lessons isn't a problem).
The other change is that I think I may be using questgarden instead of dreamweaver. This feels like a bit of a cop out, but I think that's what I need at the moment! I know I could nut out the dreamweaver thing without too much trouble, but my life is all a bit insane at the moment, and the thought of a template into which I can just plug my ideas is a good one. And of course, I've been inspired by Owen's finished product!
So that's where I'm up to. Hope everyone else is doing a little better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home