Monday, April 24, 2006

Live feeds

I just remembered that, while my webquest may not have been going brilliantly lately, I have made a few technological advances. Mostly I've been gradually setting up my new laptop (yes, still). Firefox was, of course, one of the first things I put on it, and in process I realised that firfox now has a "live bookmark" function. I have now added all my friends' blogs to my bookmarks as "live" bookmarks, which means that when I hover over them with the mouse, a new menu of headlines comes up, and I can see if there are any new ones without having to go to the site and wait for it to load. It means I don't think I will bother with any RSS readers, as this does what I need.
Firefox has probably had this feature for a while, but I hadn't noticed until I was browsing their website while downloading it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger dlh_downunder said...

This live bookmark feature & the search menus & the numerous tabs open at once feature are some of the many reasons I like Firefox too! :-)
How's the webquest coming along then?
Hope you can make it to the 3rd workshop this saturday 6th May?
Debra

April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home