Monday, March 19, 2007

Do you think we take acronyms a bit too far?

Last Thursday, I attended a GE CRA PD. GE is General English, the section of the school that I work in. CRA is Criterion Referenced Assessment, and PD is a Professional Development session. Here are some other acronyms that apply to me:
I'm a TESOL teacher, otherwise known as an ESL or EFL teacher (depending on what country I'm in at the time). I work for QUT, in the International College, often called QUTIC. I teach a class that is called NHWPI - New Headway Pre-Intermediate, although not so long ago I was doing NCEE. I take my students for a CALL session on tuesday afternoons, where we work from the OLT, and send them off to the ILC on Fridays. I occasionally teach IELTS prep, I'm an accredited PET and KET OE, though I can't do CAE or FCE, or CPE, for that matter. I'm currently working on an MEd (TESOL), in which I study such things as PPP, TBL, TOEFL, CLT, and many other things that assist NESBs to become proficient in the TL, and not use L1 in class. On top of that I'm GGG, but still have to learn how to DTMFA.

Feel free to ROFL anytime now. LOL.

Anyone else want to join my new club? It's called Ban All Three & Two Letter Acronyms. Otherwise known as BATTLA.

CYA

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

I'm tempted to pronounce the first acronym as "GE crapped" :-)

March 19, 2007  
Blogger Bing said...

loved what u wrote about acronyms - so witty and funny, i LMAO (laugh my ass off!!).. lol

cheers!

March 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home