Friday, July 14, 2006

A Successful Dictogloss

I just used Dictogloss in a class for the first time, having heard about it in Marion's Grammar for Teachers class this last semester. I decided to twist it slightly and do Dictogloss Poetry.
As the theme and excursion this week here was all about cities and London, I did A.A. Milne's Buckingham Palace poem. I read the first 3 verses probably about 4 of 5 times over the course of the lesson, and we did some quick vocab and discussion of the poem, but eventually the kids ended up, mostly, with version of the poem they had written themselves, which was wonderful. My favourite one is actually all about Galaces, rather than palaces and Alices, but the rhythm is so good, it's stll a great, though abstract, poem!

The blog is also going well. Needs more pics though. Have a look!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bing said...

Hi Kat,
Just been reading your Student Blog - and its fantastic! I love how you seemingly incorporated it into your lessons - the students seems to take it on board quite well. I have always wanted to see first hand how this blog tool can be used in an ESL /EFL classroom, and after seeing your Student's Blog, I am definitely convinced that it works!

I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my class - I'll be teaching at Brisbane Grammar next week to students from Japan participating in an exchanged program. It's definitely great what you are doing - Cold Ash sounds like a fantastic place!

Keep up the excellent work you are doing!

take care!

July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home