Saturday, June 03, 2006

Post-Friday-Drop-In-Session

The biggest hurdle that arose from our discussion on Friday, was webspace. If our QUT H drives aren't doing what they should, or what we thought they should, then we need a space that is accessible from anywhere (not just within the QUT network) to host our units of work. I'm exploring options here, as my family has a bigpond account, and, if we get free webspace at all, I can use it (I know no one else here is!).
I don't feel I achieved a lot yesterday, but at least having that mini-deadline meant that I spent thursday night really sorting out what I was doing on both the lesson plan and rationale. I wrote an actual lesson plan sort of thing, so I know how my activities will fit together, and what else I need (have to actually write a Jquiz for reading comprehension, I think). I also started the rationale, with description of learners and environment pretty much done. I just need to find some references to fill out my pedagogical reasoning, and actually write the thing. Oh, and put the lesson procedure on a website or something with the resources and activities either embedded (sounds tricky) or linked to.
For now, it's all on the back burner as I work on my assignment for Language and Culture, due Monday. I'll be happier when it's in - I'll only have 6500 words to write in a week, instead of 9000 in 10 days.
Argh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home