Thursday, June 01, 2006

3am again

Thankyou Sascha! I was having a terrible time trying to work out what I could do that was slightly interesting or useful with some of the Hot Potatoes, and wishing there was some sort of sentence ordering program instead. The two Tex Toys, Rhubarb and Sequitor that Sascha mentioned on her latest blog are exactly the sort of thing I was after. I now have a Jcross, 2 rhubarb and 2 sequitor activities for the 2 dreamtime stories I have chosen. I still have to make them pretty and all that, but at least the texts are there.
I'm not overly happy with the two stories I found, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of aboriginal stories available in text form online. There are many audio ones, but I don't think my students will have headphones on the computers in the summer school, so I don't think I want to risk using them as an integral part of a unit of work. I want to try to use them outside the computer lab though.
Much work yet to do, but at least I have an idea of where to go next. This is good, as I have 4 assignments due in the next two weeks - 9000 words worth, I think. Knowing what I'm doing is a definite positive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

I think we own some dreamtime stories here, in book form. If you want to borrow them and convert them to text form, let me know.

June 01, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

I thought I did too, which is one of the reasons I thought of it. But I've already done half the activities on these ones now. Maybe I'll look at yours anyway - not for this assignment but for actually teaching it!

June 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home