Saturday, July 14, 2007

ADoS, and a Masters, all in one day.

The stars must have been good for my professional life last Tuesday. First of all, my contract was officially upgraded here at my regular english language school. Since I arrived, I found myself more or less filling a bit of a gap - there was so much to be done, setting up the new campus of the school, and I found myself doing a lot of things above and beyond my lowly teacher's contract, that I was offered (after only slightly heavy hints...) an ADoS contract instead, which is rather nice. Nice because I think I would be doing the work anyway, and this way I get some recognition for it, though only a token more in salary (although I worked out that it sounds a lot better in AU$ than in pounds!).
On the same day, I realised it was probably about time for uni results to come out, so I thought to check, and they were! I'm finished for real and proper! And I got a 7 for the assessment subject! Which I am rather pleased about. And a 6 for the other subject that I did such a crap assignment for, so that's not too bad.
And now I'm off to celebrate surviving the first week here (which has frequently resembled a soap opera, it seems) with a Professional Understanding and Bonding session in the garden at the nearest pub, which is only 20 minutes walk away!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home